Data Crow 3.7 BetaData Crow BETA 3.7 [Release on 30/10/2009] [testing: medium] [target: BETA]
No new functionality but a lot of memory and performance improvements. The changes
made cause a dramatic performance increase as well as a substantial memory gain.
Note that this is a beta version; limited testing has been performed! Please create a
backup of your database before using this version.
- Items are now internally reused. Data Crow was quite generous when it came to item
instances. To gain, I admit, a modest performance and memory usage gain items
are now internally re-usable. As a user you will not really see this change. However,
this change has such a big impact on the whole of the product that I have decided to
release this version as a major release and to release it as a beta version first.
- Several performance fixes have been applied. The external references and the additional
checks performed when saving an searching for items caused the performance to drop.
To overcome these issues (for large databases) the checks to see whether an item
already exists have been changed;
- For properties both the alternative names and the names are checked.
- For all other items the external references are checked first (the PDCR in particular).
Secondly a (combination of) display field is checked. Since version 3.5 Data Crow
only checks on the actual string (exact match but case insensitive). This has been
kept this way.
- Views are now filled instantly resulting in a 99% performance improvement. With this
change items are added to the view in about a second (regardless of the amount of items).
- View components are now reused (reduction of item creation; lesser memory needed and
- Memory needed for viewing all items now requires about 75% lesser memory. This is not
a fixed memory gain as it also depends whether the items contain an image (etc.).
- Save buttons are now removed from the item tabs of the view. Save and save all is still
available from the menu bar and the tool bar.
- Update all now saves the updates directly (!).
- Displaying dialogs is now more controlled (technical change).
- External Reference is not created when an item is updated by an online service.
- Several problems with transparent images have been fixed.
- MobyGames.com stopped working.
- Items are not correctly updated in the tree / grouping pane.
- Key navigation in table view.
- Issues with update all functionality when loosing view focus.
- Data Crow hangs after message "want to save changes" when navigating in the grouping
- By default the directory usage has been turned on for the File Importer. Has been
changed to off by default.
- Calendar displays February twice if the current day of the months is greater than 28.
- "Hanging startup" on some Linux flavors.
- Several references in text to Java 1.5; should be Java 1.6. _________________________________________________Size: ~ 40.42 MBDownload: