Очень полезная утилита для сжатия файлов *.EXE, *.DLL, *.SCR, *.OCX и т.д., при этом сохраняется их полная работоспособность. Сжатие происходит посредством алгоритма JCALG1.
Powerful executable compression for software developers and vendors
PECompact has been a leader in the Windows executable compression industry for over a decade. You’ll find no other compressor that offers the features of PECompact. It has a plugin system that offers virtually limitless customization, setting it apart from all other competitors.
Software distributions large and small have used PECompact. Our biggest client has been Google, used on their Google Desktop product (now discontinued), but countless small and mid size companies and independent developers use PECompact to compress and/or protect their executables.AttributesGreat compression
– The most obvious feature to mention is excellent compression. Since we’re optimized to compress PEs, their code, data, and resources.. we are able to achieve a compression ratio. One that is much better than any ZIP format compression software, for instance. Compared to other executable compressors, we are either better or roughly equal in compression ratio. It depends on the EXE and other factors. As an example, we PECompact almost always beats the latest version of ASPack in compression ratio. Compare them yourselves on YOUR module(s), but we’ll soon publish a new benchmark showing the difference on some common applications.Faster load time
– Since the slowest bottleneck is usually the storage system, loading the whole module into memory and decompressing it is advantageous in many situations. It depends on a few variables, such as how big your EXE is and how fast the disk is. CPU decompression time is so minimal that it is not even considered a factor.Does things ‘right’
– From skipping compression of shared sections of DLLs, preserving debug information, or leaving shell icons uncompressed – you can be PECompact does things the ‘right’ way. It has had MANY years to mature and be worked free of bugs.Robust plug-in framework (and library)
– PECompact boasts a great plug-in framework. We allow several different types (CODEC, API Hook, and Loader). Best of all, you can use as many as you want on the same executable. You can, for instance, chain a series of CODECs together!Good security industry support
– As one of the ‘good guys’ we work with anti-virus and anti-malware companies to help them scan inside PECompact compressed executables. We deter abuse whenever we can. Use of PECompact on high profile software such as Google Desktop ensures any rare accidental false alarm by any vendor is immediately corrected. I believe PECompact has the best security software support in the industry, but that is a guess.Interoperability
– We’ve worked hard to achieve great interoperability with most EXE formats. Our new v3.03 beta even emulates extra-data appended to the end of an EXE then referenced
by a static offset, as is the case of an installer.Compatibility
– Compressed modules are fully compatible with Windows 95 through Windows 7 (all editions of both NT and 9x kernels), and all those in-between — including 64-bit variants (WOW64). Further, compression works on C++, Delphi, VB, and most other languages that will generate native 32-bit PEs.Settings
– If plug-ins weren’t enough, we have more settings than you’ll likely ever need in your lifetime.Software Protection
– While PECompact itself is not written specifically to be a protector, there are plug-ins to facilitate this. Additionally, compression itself obfuscates the module, adding an inherent layer of protection.
PECompact *IS* fully compatible with DEP, code signing (sign after compression), It supports native PE modules, but does not support device drivers or some .NET assemblies. PE+ (PE64) support is still pending as it requires a massive rewrite of the loader (decompression stub).Скачать / Download PECompact Retail 3.11: