UltimateDefrag 2008 Build v22.214.171.124 (Release 31.05.2008)
3,92 mbChanges in UltimateDefrag 2008 126.96.36.199 - 31 May 2008:
- Reprogrammed and recoded from scratch.
- New Custom Graphical User Interface.
- Vastly accelerated and more intelligent Defrag engine. Includes new defrag and file placement techniques that result in faster file placement and less data moved
• Nearest free space placement for scratch files
• Pre-emptive space clearing
• Minimal file movement
• Better fitting of files for free space
• Very fast file placement leaves a few gaps for the benefit of a much faster defrag.
• Added Consolidate and Very Fast File Placement for High Performance Files and Archive Files resulting in much faster defrag times for HP and archive files.
• Added very fast file placement for consolidate defrag method
- Additional file selection options include
• Wildcard file selection
• Ability to select HP and Archive based upon absolute data, percentage of data and days since use.
• Ability to sort or consolidate HP and archive files
• Additional File selection options enable over 200 file selection/defrag option permutations
- Added more information to GUI
• File progress indicator updates as file data is being moved
• HP and Archive bands differentiated in their own color enabling user to see which files are being placed in archive, HP or normal zones.
- Added functionality to Auto defrag method enabling user to please least used files to inner tracks or inside regular data.
- Removed boot time defrag option to make way for very powerful and flexible boot time defrag utility which will be provided free of charge to all V2.XX owners by end of June 2008. Current version of boot time defrag module was rudimentary and mostly ineffectual.
Future boot time defrag module will have option to:
• Defrag and Specifically place MFT in optimal location on drive based upon "center of data" distribution.
• Defrag and specifically place paging file in optimal location on drive based upon "center of data" distribution.
• Defrag and optimize placement of all NTFS metafiles
• Reindex, pack and optimize MFT to eliminate MFT slack.
• Other, yet unpublished functionality.