COVID The Outbreak-Razor1911 | PC |Size:2.6 GB Release DateDescription:About This Game
: 29 May, 2020Genre
: Indie, StrategyDeveloper
: Jujubee S.A.Publisher
: Jujubee S.A.Platform
The world we live in is currently enveloped by the dreaded COVID-19 pandemic. This lingering disease is a formidable opponent and we all have to be aware that it is going to stay with us for a little while before a vaccine is developed. This brings us to the topic at hand as Jujubee would like to declare its participation in fighting this coronavirus head-on. We've decided that 20% of all our net Steam sales throughout the month of May and June will be donated to the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) and other charitable foundations supporting the fight against the consequences of the coronavirus pandemic.
Here at Jujubee, we've always thought that games should address current and serious topics. In the case of our historical-documentary game KURSK we touched on the subject of the Russian submarine tragedy and to what end an arms race could lead to, in Deep Diving Simulator we focused on issues related to the ecology and protection of our underwater world, and Realpolitiks tackles the problem of terrorism and migrations. In COVID: The Outbreak we allow the players to face the most current and touching topic of all - a pandemic of a dangerous virus.
As the leader of the Global Health Organization (GHO) your task is to contain the spread of a coronavirus and save humanity before it is too late.
In addition to crisis management, the game provides the players with information on how to behave in the event of an epidemic, what actions to take, and how to protect themselves and their loved ones in the most effective way. The game is based on the data published by WHO and on the information acquired from experts and consultants.
Through your actions, you will be able to see how difficult it is to manage during a crisis, what impact various decisions can have on an effective fight against a global epidemic, which can be caused by listening to charlatans or the lack of appropriate medical equipment.
The virus will adapt to your actions by means of mutation so you must predict and take into account its transmission abilities, time of incubation, drug resistance, and a whole lot more. Decide whether a country should close its borders and quarantine citizens to reduce the number of new infections, or construct new hospitals and emergency tents to speed up the recovery of the already infected. Choose wisely. FEATURES:Pandemic Management
- advise the world what needs to be done in order to survive the dreadful disease; manage funds, staff, medicine, and research priorities. Issue Emergency Decrees
- declare national emergency and close borders, enforce obligatory vaccination, close schools and airports. Do whatever it takes to stop the coronavirus. Research New Projects
- developing new ways to fight off the disease is a sound strategy. Remember to be cautious as your enemy may mutate, rendering your newly acquired ability completely useless. Unpredictable Events
- how you handle the ongoing fake news, mass stockpiling of supplies, or people ignoring the incoming threat will go a long way towards deciding whether you will prevail against the disease, or succumb to it. Construct Vital Buildings
- build hospitals, emergency tents, research institutions, checkpoints, police stations, and a whole lot more. Every building you enact may become the decisive factor in stopping the outbreak. Games Beyond™
- educate yourself on how a coronavirus operates, what can you do if you become infected, and why quarantines are issued. Understand why a pandemic is a threat to humanity.Trailer
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
Processor: 3.2 GHz Dual Core Processor
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 660, Radeon R7 370 or equivalent with 2 GB of video RAM
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 3 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible
Additional Notes: requires a 64-bit processor and operating system